So, there is a new devblog out today. If you haven’t seen it, here is the link: http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=814
However, there is some VERY impressive things that will be coming out with the Nov. 30th Patch:
- Eighty (yes, 8-0) new storyline courier missions – I’ve tempted to dabble in this a year or so back, but I found it be rather.. well, boring. Maybe I should look in on these again.
- Rocket Balancing – Yeah, you heard right. About friggin’ time. Right now there are so many Caldari and Amarr pilots who just wet their pants in excitement over this. And the other good news? It’ll be a bonus to Minmatar pilots too.
- Tech 2 Ammo Balancing – Past Dev Blog usually refer to the more unused Tech 2 Ammo, the heavy, close range variants.. that had huge penalties and made them less useful than faction close range ammo. This was especially true with Minmatar ammo because of their ability to switch around damage types. I wonder if this also means a new look at Tech 2 missile ammo to make it more effective in PVP, or at least, more useable in PVP?
- Adding Faction Ships to Market – Right now.. alot of scammers are whinning… not that it will hurt them all that much.
- Fighter Bomber visual effects change – Not sure if they mean “just” the visual effects, or if this is where they introduce the damage changes to Fighter Bombers.
- Anti-aliasing Support – Hmm.. that’ll be nice.
- Windows Resizing, Offset Camera – Another good change
- Meta-item indicator icons – At first I really didn’t care about this, but after they made changes to the loot factors, and what you get when you reprosses modules I start to see how this would be rather nice. Particularly if you are trying to optimize what things you bring back from 0.0 space, or if you quickly want to see how valuable your extra modules might be.
- UI Optimization to Contract delivery filtering – I don’t do much with contracts, but I know the system could be better.
- Cargo can now be dragged into hanger by dropping on Neocom – Not sure what this is about.. going to have to research this.
- Toggling Probes in Overview – I’ve got mixed feelings about this one. Yes, as a PVP pilot, it would be nice not to have to scroll through hundred of wrecks/Pos mods/other friends/space trash just to see if that red in system is trying to probe someone down… but then again.. that’s part of the challenge too.
- POS gunners now recieve notifications about control towers under attack. – This is a good starting step, but I hope this is just a start. It would be nice to be able to setup up “Alliance” POSes, so that anyone with Gunnery skill in the Alliance can use them.. not just in that corp.
- Sorting deliveries according to distance in jumps or regional locations – Eh, but I can see its use.
- Unique icons for Microwarp Drives and Afterburners – This is a nice little bonus. I think the more creative Minmatar pilots will benefit most from this (i.e. Daredevil (Angel), Tempest, etc), and we’ll see a few more speed tanking fits.