No doubt, this release has been a long, long time coming. The patch notes released today: http://www.eveonline.com/updates/patchnotes.asp are of little surprise to all of us.
That is, of course, not saying that the changes are any less surprising or dramatic.
Here are some fun little things that have shown up as well:
- Reduced the size of metal scraps to 0.01 m3 in volume.
- Insurance is no longer paid out for players who are killed by CONCORD.
- We have added more rig BPC’s to multiple sites.
- All hybrid charges have been reduced in volume by 50% (Big deal here.. more ammo in the hold)
- All hybrid turrets have had their capacity reduced by 50%
- All hybrid turrets have had their reload time reduced to five seconds.
Well, those tidbits certainly were of interest to me… especially that last bit where Hybrids now have their reload time cut in half. I guess it’s a good thing I am training up Hybrids as we speak.