Read this devblog: http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3381 Do it! Now!
Here it is again.. yes, it is that good:
The teams were disbanded because the influx of developers making spaceships was too great, so we had to be split them into three teams (or as I call them, friendship-bands). Please welcome Team Super Friends, Team Game of Drones and Team Five 0. All three teams are full of good looking men and women, with some familiar faces and some new ones. Hopefully we can introduce you to some of the people on the teams at a later point, but right now, let’s focus on spaceships (and safety).
To celebrate this transition, Team Best Friends Forever and Pink Zombie Kittens decided to do one last push to get features out and we’re happy to give you this list of items on January 24th:
- We’ve rebalanced small, medium and large Null ammo. I came back from vacation and Tallest had done this. He’s a pretty cool dude. – Starting to learn Gallente now.. so this might be cool.
- We’ve changed the CPU on cap shield transfers. Much needed, high five. – This.. this change is EPIC! I have complained about this for YEARS..
- Assault ships have been rebalanced. We’ve wanted to do this since forever and were originally planning to do it for Crucible. It fell out due to time constraints, but has been completed for the coming release. – Hooray! From the Devblog and the Minutes! Hooray!
- We’ve buffed some of the modules launched in Crucible. You can now whine about how overpowered they are.
- When one of your friends logs on and get an annoying pop-up with his picture, you can now click the picture and start a conversation, telling him how annoying the pop-up is.
- The skills list now has a filter box so you can track down your individual skills. This is pretty great if you have a lot of them.
- Starbase fuel notifications are now shown in your calendar. You know why? Because it makes goddamn sense, that’s why.
- Overheating can be done by shift-clicking a module. This is a viable alternative to clicking the worlds smallest button. – Smart, smart, smart. Try S-MART!
- The agent list inside a station will now display your current status with an agent (mission offered, accepted etc). Hopefully less people will be cursing after undocking without pressing “accept” on a mission. – I like this too..
- The chat member list can now be condensed and have been given some more intuitive icons. This should be more in line with the actual chat, which you can already condense. – Joyful tears.. joyful…
- Shield bonuses are now applied like armor bonuses. Remember when you got a shield bonus and LOST shield? Yeah that, we fixed it. – More joyful tears..
- The session change has been lowered from 20 seconds to 15 and hopefully we can adjust it even further in the future. Death to session changes.
- The watchlist now holds 15 people and you can drag and drop to re-arrange them. If you don’t have any friends, this isn’t relevant to you. – Um.. I can’t get any more joyful.. I am out of joyful tears…
- We’ve started re-naming modules (missiles and ABs/MWDs) in a schema that tells the user what they do, while still maintaining a lot of the sci-fi feel. The aim is to make everything make sense, instead of today where everything is as confusing as possible. – My god, you mean.. you mean labels will make sense?
- Meta 11, 12 and 13 Invulnerability Fields have been added to the game. We stumbled on them in the basement of CCP one day. Someone must have left them there.
- We’ve iterated on locations. You can now choose if it’s a personal or corp location when you create them. This means less dragging and clicking.
- Alliances can now join faction warfare. This is the first of a series of Factional Warfare iterations CCP Ytterbium is working on. We’ll tell you more as we get closer to fanfest, but we’re working on Factional Warfare. In other news, a flying pig just passed my window.
- The old Neocom has been replaced by a younger, prettier model. It’s customizable and has a ton of cool features you can play around with. – Hurray! How customizable?
- We’ve added autocomplete and search hints to the asset search function from Crucible. SEARCHING HAS SUDDENLY BECOME REALLY EXCITING. Or not, but you know what I mean.
Anyway, that’s what we have for you here. Thanks from Team Best Friends Forever and Team Pink Zombie Kittens.